- Information about your upcoming duty station and educational options in your new community
- Connection to a youth sponsor who can answer your child/youth’s questions about their new school/community from a peer’s perspective
- Assistance with the steps to prepare for the withdrawal of your children/youth from their current schools
- Provide information about the local educational options and enrollment processes
- Help with questions about compliance and solutions regarding the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children
- Facilitate two way communication between the school and parent
- Assist in making connections with homeschool co-ops or support groups
- Answers to your questions about schools, homeschooling, special education, scholarships, transitions and more.
- Parent education opportunities about college and career readiness, preparing for transition and the Interstate Compact
Your garrison SLO is available to you whenever the need arises, but they can be especially helpful when you receive PCS orders. Below you will find some of the supports that the SLO can offer before, during, and after a PCS relocation.
Getting ready to move:
Once you arrive:
During your assignment:
Please see below for additional resources to support your Family.
Home | Military Kids Connect (health.mil)
provides online age-appropriate resources to help parents, teachers and children cope with the unique challenges of military life.
Plan My Move: PCS Moving Checklist & Resources • Military OneSource
This site details the components of the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children which address the key transition issues military Families experience including enrollment, placement, attendance, eligibility, and graduation.
If you have a question regarding this document, or you are experiencing a problem with one of these key issues, contact your SLO. Your SLO is able to assist by connecting with both the sending and receiving school to help resolve these types of issues. If it is not possible to resolve the issue locally, the SLO will help you work with the state commission, and if needed, the national office.