- The computer lab will be inaccessible at the beginning of the project
(estimated closure 1 week).
- The main collection will be inaccessible during the project.
- The children's room will remain open during the project.
- The book drops will be inaccessible for the duration of the project. Due dates will be extended to July 31. We are asking patrons to return library materials before June 7 or keep library materials until the library returns to normal operations.
- WiFi, Computers with Internet access, copiers and scanners
- Books on Reserve, Interlibrary Loans
- Research Assistance, Databases and Language Materials
- Book Club, Trade Shelf and Craft 'Make & Take'
- Video, Audio Materials, Music CDs and entertainment DVDs
- Preschool Story-time, Monthly Saturday Children Programs and Summer Reading Program
- Over 70,000 books, audio books, and ebooks
- Newspapers from major cities and Magazines
- Subject bibliographies and Study Guides
We are open to the military and civilian personnel of Fort Hood and the Central Texas community. Customers must be at least 16 years old and show a military ID card and/or a picture ID, to register. Sponsors can register younger family members.
Print checked out items are due back to the library in 21 days. DVDs are due back in 7 days. Reference items and periodicals cannot be checked out. Patrons with items overdue more than 5 days cannot checkout until all overdue items are returned. Patrons are responsible for lost or damaged items. Sponsors are responsible for items checked out by their family members.
Most items may be renewed for an additional 21 days or 7 days for DVDs if the item is no more than 5 days overdue and is not on hold for another patron. Renewals may be made over the phone by calling +1 (254) 287-4921. Renew items online by creating a library account. Test study guides cannot be renewed.
- Unlimited non-fiction items
- 6 Music CD’s
- 10 Entertainment and children’s DVDs
- 2 Children’s CD kits (in bags)
- Unlimited fiction (includes adult, young adult and children)
A hold may be placed for an item currently checked out or coming soon. The patron will be notified by phone and email when the item is available. Test study guides are the only items that cannot be placed on hold.
Interlibrary Loan services for books not carried in our collection are available at the Reference Desk. Call +1 (254)287-5202 for details.
Rules of Conduct
- Children 10 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- No food or beverages allowed except bottled water
- No use of tobacco products allowed
- Minimum cell phone use
- No use of external memory devices (flash drives, CD’s, DVD’s, connection to smart phones, etc.) are allowed on library computers
Casey Memorial Library will be undergoing repairs June 7 (tentatively) - mid July (tentatively). The library will be open in a limited capacity during repairs.
Tue - Sat 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed Federal Holidays
Search the library through the online MyLibrary catalogs for books, ebooks, movies and audiobooks or come by for assistance from our friendly staff.