Date: Jun 10 2019 - Jun 14 2019
Age 15 years and up.
Do something that will last you a lifetime. Challenge yourself and learn what it takes to become a lifeguard with one of our class sessions. Sign up today and get your spot reserved. Swimming Pools require Lifeguard Certification. BLORA Beach requires Lifeguard and Waterfront Certification
Mon-Fri 8-4:30 p.m.
The first day of class, participants must pass these skills in order to continue in the class. It is strongly recommended that candidates practice the prerequisites before attending the course.
- Swim Continuously, using front crawl and breast stroke (must demonstrate rhythmic breathing - face in the water - goggles permitted).
- Lifeguard class: 300 meter swim
- Waterfront class: 550 meter swim
- 2 Minute Tread using just your legs. Hands under your armpits.
- Timed Brick. 1 minute 40 seconds, no goggles, swim 20 yards, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10 pound brick, return to surface, swim on your back to starting point, both hands on brick, and exit the water without using a ladder or steps
In addition for Waterfront class:
Swim 5 yards, submerge under water and retrieve 3 dive rings placed 5 yards apart, return to the surface, and swim 5 more yards. No goggles.
- Lifeguard Class $150
- Waterfront Lifeguard Class $175
Cash or Check Accepted
To register for classes, call +1 (254)287-4648
We are looking to fill lifeguard positions starting at $10.55 and up.
- Tel: +1 (254)287-4648
- Military DSN Tel: (312)737-4648