Date: Apr 20 2018 - Apr 25 2018
Age 15 years and up.
Do something that will last you a lifetime. Challenge yourself and learn what it takes to become a lifeguard with one of our class sessions. Sign up today and get your spot reserved. Swimming Pools require Lifeguard Certification. BLORA Beach requires Lifeguard and Waterfront Certification
- Friday, 7-9 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday, 8-5 p.m.
- Monday through Wednedsay, 5-9 p.m.
The first day of class, participants must pass these skills in order to continue in the class. It is strongly recommended that candidates practice the prerequisites before attending the course.
- Swim Continuously, using front crawl and breast stroke (must demonstrate rhythmic breathing - face in the water).
- Lifeguard class: 300 meter swim
- Waterfront class: 550 meter swim
- 2 Minute Tread using just your legs. Hands under your armpits.
- Timed Brick. Within 1 minute 40 seconds, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breast stroke, surface dive to 10-12 feet, retrieve a 10 pound brick, return to surface and swim back to start.
In addition for Waterfront class:
- Swim 5 meters, submerge and retrieve 3 rings placed 5 meters apart, resurface and continue to swim 5 meters to complete.
- Lifeguard Class $150
- Waterfront Lifeguard Class $175
Cash or Check Accepted
To register for classes, call +1 (254)287-4648
We are looking to fill lifeguard positions starting at $10.55 and up.
- Tel: +1 (254)287-4648
- Military DSN Tel: (312)737-4648