Date: Aug 15 2017, 8 a.m.
Soldiers are entitled to a free state "Super Combo" License with proof of 6 months Texas residency.
- Service record indicating that Texas is the home of record or, that the person’s duty station for the six months immediately prior to the time of application was in Texas.
All recreational activity on Fort Hood is only authorized by the Area Access Program
Examples of authorized recreational activities include, but not limited to: sightseeing, bird watching, horse-back riding, hiking, biking, hunting & fishing.
- Area Access Only: $12
- Fishing: $17
- Youth, Small Game: Free
- Youth Big Game Permit (all categories): $15
- Special 5-Day Permit (all categories/not for big game): $40
- Cat I / Active Duty E1-E4: $48
- Cat I / Active Duty E5 and above: $65
- Cat II / Retirees and DoD Civilians: $65
- Cat III / Pure Civilians: $125